Sunday February 21, 2010
Sunday February 14, 2010
Sunday February 14, 2010
Today is Valentine's Day and I am one that loves homemade gifts from the heart. My sweetheart, Jim, has Celiacs Disease, which is an autoimmune disease triggered by eating wheat or foods with gluten. So in keeping with all the buzz about the aphrodisiac effect of chocolate, I decided a flourless (hence, no gluten) chocolate cake would be my gift.
This Recipe is from my amazing friend, Deb Mackey's family archives with her note as follows:
Sunday January 24, 2010
My friend Joanna recently told me that she wanted an immersion blender for her birthday but she didn't know which one to buy. And as you might imagine, I immediately told her which one I purchased, and why. But I know there are a few great models out there - so Joanna - this review is for you!!
Breville BCS500XL 9.6 Volt Cordless Immersion Blender with Recharging Base
SmartStick Brushed Chrome Hand Blender
- Variable speeds provide greater processing control that adjusts to handle a variety of foods, beverages and soups.
- The premium stainless steel blending attachment reaches an 8-inch immersion depth.
- The stainless steel splashguard covers the blending blade to prevent splattering of ingredients.
- The stainless steel whisk maximizes air in mixtures for fluffier egg whites and whipped cream.
- The 4-piece chopper attachment quickly chops herbs, vegetables, fruits, cooked meats, nuts and cheese.
- 5-ft. power cord provides exceptional freedom to move around the kitchen.
Saturday December 26, 2009
Herb-crusted Rib Roast
Mashed yellow potatoes and celeriac (from my CSA stash)
Roasted brussel sprouts
Broccoli sauteed with garlic and olive oil
Turnip and Potato Gratin
Arugula Salad with Dijon vinaigrette
Ice cream and sherbet cake
Had a love-filled afternoon cooking with my Mom and then sharing this wonderful meal that we were all so grateful to enjoy. Present were my Mom and Dad, Jim (my man), Jen (my sis), Johnny (her husband), August (my bro), Sandra (his wife), AJ (my nephew). We celebrated being together and the spirit of the day. Thank you all for such a wonderful day.
Click the photo to watch a clip of the beef waiting to go in the oven:
Thursday December 03, 2009
Ever wonder where the time goes? My mind is still in September but my body is in early December. Somehow I managed to operate at warp speed, get new clients, do another TV segment on WNYT - Newschannel 13 out of Albany, harvest our first meat chickens, attend my high school reunion, host the family for Thanksgiving, begin a jogging program along with a core strengthening pilates program...are you tired yet?