About this Item
Tagines are ideal for slow-cooked stews braised at low temperatures, resulting in tender meat with aromatic vegetables and sauce. Traditional ingredients include olives, quinces, apples, pears, apricots, raisins, prunes, dates, nuts, with fresh or preserved lemons, and honey. Spices often include cinnamon, saffron, ginger, turmeric, cumin, paprika, pepper, and the blend, "ras el hanout." Use any food that braises well: fish, quail, pigeon, beef, root vegetables, and legumes. Modern recipes in the West include pot roasts, ossobuco, lamb shanks and turkey legs.
Choose the accent color that matches your kitchen décor. The knob at the top is heat-insulated so that you can safely use it without a mitten to lift the lid and inspect or add ingredients as you cook.
This Morrocan-style tagine is part of Revol's new line of Revolution cookware. It is made from a new proprietary material from Revol (patent pending in France) with novel composition and properties; is suitable for all types of heat source, including induction; and has higher thermal-shock and mechanical properties than any other type of non-porous culinary ceramic known today. Unlike some materials, Revol’s new material won’t deteriorate naturally with wear and tear (scratches, rust, ageing, etc.).
Capacity: holds 3.75 Quarts
Lid Accent Colors: Black, White, Pepper Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange.
• Completely nonporous ceramic, absorbs no fats, odours or bacteria.
• Made exclusively of natural components; contains no heavy metals (lead, cadmium) or fluorinated coatings (PTFE); emits no volatile organic compounds when heated. (Comparative analysis by the French Ceramics Association, Nov. 2010)
• Since there are no toxic components, Revolution is chemically inert and 100% recyclable.
• Goes from the freezer to the microwave oven, or from induction or gas heat to a traditional oven, or from the table to the dishwasher.
• Easily cleaned, thanks to its naturally anti-adhesive enamelled surface.
• Second to none for preparing, simmering, baking and presenting your recipes in a single dish.
• The ideal material to keep your food warm and showcase it attractively at the same time.
• Bold design and wide choice of colours.
There is no question why we love Revol products. It is a company that was founded in 1789 in Rhone Valley, France and is still operated by the same family for 11 generations - talk about family tradition!! Here’s how it all began:
A WALK WITH DESTINY... FROM EARTHENWARE TO PORCELAIN
On a Sunday walk after a series of violent storms, two brothers, Joseph-Marie and François Revol, noticed some unusual white streaks. For these specialists, there was no doubt they had found a deposit of kaolin. The region was already producing the red sandstone used by potters and tile makers. The Revol brothers' discovery led to the manufacture of much harder-wearing white stoneware and to the establishment of the REVOL factory in Ponsas, later transferred to Saint-Uze. There followed a succession of stoneware and “terre d'acier” pottery. A few years later, the REVOL factory developed a non-porous formula that could be enameled in various colors, which went on to become the benchmark of fine porcelain.
Size: 13.8 x 13.5 x 8.5"H
Weight: 9 lbs