- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can Organic Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Organic English Cucumber, diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring two cups of water to boil. Add 1 cup of rinsed quinoa to water and lower heat to simmering.
- Cover pot, and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes until quinoa is tender. Let quinoa rest for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- To make the salad, add the juice of 1 lemon and olive oil to a large bowl.
- Fluff cooked quinoa and add to bowl.
- Dice red onion, cilantro, English cucumber, and add to quinoa.
- Drain and wash chickpeas and add to bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix salad until well to combine. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings