Nana’s Blueberry Pie
- 1 Granny Smith Apple peeled and grated
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter (cut into ¼” pieces)
- 2 tbsp Tapioca flour or cornstarch
- Take 3 cups of blueberries and cook in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Mash blueberries with potato masher and release juices, cook and stir frequently, mash occasionally until ½ berries have broken down and mixture has thickened.Takes about 8 ½ minutes.
- Fill Sour Cream Pie Crust Dough with mixture.
- Bake at 350º until crust is golden.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 8-10 servings