Heirloom Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lb Baby Bella or button mushrooms, medium-sized
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb Bulk sausage
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano
- 1/4-1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Snap off the stems, wash them well and finely chop. Peel the mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized sauté pan. Add onions, stems and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, parsley and sausage. Cook until nicely browned. Remove from heat and add cheese, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper.
- . Be sure to have a “taster” on hand to add more cheese or whatever flavors seem to need “doctoring.”
- Stuff the mushroom caps and place in a baking dish. Add some water and olive oil to the bottom (about 1/8”).
- Cover with tin foil, place in center of oven and bake for 20 minutes, then remove tin foil and let brown for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer or as one of your side vegetables and enjoy!
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen stuffed mushrooms