Carol Narum’s Blueberry-Bran Breakfast Muffins
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups bran flakes
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 5 cups flour (2 cups whole wheat and 3 cups white – or whatever you want to do)
- 2-2 ½ cups blueberries (it’s really as many as you want)
- Mix buttermilk, eggs, oil, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Then, add bran flakes and oats and mix well.
- Stir in the blueberries by hand (not with electric mixer).
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen muffins