- 2-3 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil +/-
- 4-5 Bunches Watercress or Upland Cress, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heavy Cream
- Chives as garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes, add the potatoes and sauté until they get a touch golden.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then lower to a simmer until potatoes are cooked (about 15 or so minutes.)
- Throw the watercress into pot and cook until wilted, about a minute.
- You can serve as is or put into a food processor to make a “creamed” version.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and a splash of heavy cream (not necessary but makes it a tad creamier).
- And garnish with minced chives (which are growing like crazy in my garden this April.)
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings