Strawberry Jam Preserve
- 8 cups strawberries, hulled and halved if large
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Preparing Strawberries Directions
- Toss the strawberries and sugar in a large bowl and macerate overnight to coax out the fruit’s juice
- Transfer the mixture to a large nonreactive saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring and crushing to release the juice.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the jam reaches the desired gel, about 20 minuets.
- Remove from the heat and let the jam rest for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to release air bubbles. Skim off any foam.
To Preserve Directions
- You can preserve in jars by boiling the jam in half-pint canning jars within a hot pot of water for 10 minutes.
- Remove and set jars aside for 24 hours. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 mintues
- Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 8 oz. Jars