Strawberries with Mint Simple Syrup and Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Sugar
- A handful Fresh Mint
- 4 cups Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 Lemon Zest
- Simple syrup is simple - it’s one part sugar to one part water.
- Cook sugar, water and mint over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved and water boils.
- Remove and let cool. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Clean and cut up the strawberries. Add the syrup and lemon zest to strawberries and let sit for a few hours. (AKA macerate).
- Serve strawberries over vanilla ice cream for a refreshing dessert.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings