Scott Keough’s Blueberry Custard Pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3 tbsp Tapioca flour soaked in 1/2 cup evaported milk overnight
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/4 stick butter
- Please see our pie crust recipe for starters.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugars, flour, salt , allspice, and tapioca flour together pour over berries and gently shake to coat berries. Place in pie crust.
- Mix together milk and eggs. Pour over berries, cut butter into tabs placing on top of filling.
- Squeeze juice of lemon on top
- Lattice pie crust top .
- Place pan or cookie sheet under pie. Bake in the middle of your preheated oven for 50 minutes to an 1 hour. Remove from oven, let stand 30- 45 min to cool. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes to an 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Yield: 6-10 servings