Ruth Migliorelli’s Blueberry Buckle
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Then mix in eggs, milk, and shortening
- Combine both bowls now in large bowl and blend well. Once mixed smoothly, stir in two cups of blueberries into the batter.
- Add batter to greased spring form pan.
- To make the topping in a separate bowl mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter.
- Rub these ingredients together, and sprinkle on top of batter in the Springform pan.
- Then bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings