- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin flesh (we roast a sugar pumpkin and spoon out the flesh, canned is fine, too)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eight oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 16 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients. Press into bottom and up the sides of a buttered 9” springform pan. Chill for an hour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and light brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar, add the cream, cornstarch, vanilla and pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake in middle of oven for 50 minutes or until the center is set. Remove and let cool on rack for 5 minutes. While cooling prepare the topping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the three ingredients. Spread over the cheesecake and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cheesecake cool in pan on rack and then in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove springform pan sides, garnish with pecans and enjoy!
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Yield: 15 servings