Okra Gumbo and Hot Water Corn Bread
Orka Gumbo Ingredients
- 6 chopped onions
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 12 diced tomatoes (medium to large size)
- 12 oz. cut okra
Hot Water Corn Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
Okra Gumbo Directions
- Sauté diced onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add sliced okra and diced tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar, a sprinkle of chili powder and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer and enjoy.
Hot Water Cornbread Directions
- Create mixture with yellow cornmeal, salt, and baking powder, and boiling water.
- Then with a piece of ice for cooling spoon a handful of mixture into hand and place in hot olive oil. Cook until golden brown.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour & 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings