Leftover Brown Rice Stir-Fry
- 2-3 cups Leftover Rice
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1-2 Onions, Chopped
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic, Minced
- 3-4 Carrots, peeled and Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Low-Sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 egg (optional)
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- If using all, start with onion, then add mushrooms and pepper, then carrots, garlic and broccoli.
- Saute until browned and desired doneness.
- Toss the brown rice with 1 Tbsp of EVOO and add to veggies. Turn the heat up so the rice browns for about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce which nicely deglazes the pan and then add an egg if desired
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 people