Jen’s Simple Pizza
- 1 whole wheat lavash wrap
Red Sauce Ingredients
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- dried oregano, basil or italian seasonings
- salt and pepper to taste
- low fat shredded mozzarella
White Topping Ingredients
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- Crumbled goat cheese or feta
- Sliced olives
- Arugula and balsamic vinegar (optional but delicious!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the EVOO in small saucepan. Add garlic, pepper flakes, and seasoning and heat for about a minute being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook over low-medium heat. Spray the baking sheet with pam.
- Place the lavash on baking sheet and add sauce and a handful of shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or so until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Saute onions until golden. Spread on lavash, add cheese and olives and bake as above.
- Throw a handful of arugula on top of oven-hot pizza with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a special treat!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings