- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz.) Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp minced chipolte in adobe sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) Can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 pickled jalapenos, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 Lime Juice
- 8 oz. non-fat plain yogurt
- A dash of both cumin and chili powder to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- In a saucepan over medium flame combine vegetable oil, black beans and chipotle and cook until heated through.
- In another saucepan on medium heat, combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro and lime and cook until it comes to a simmer.
- Combine the yogurt and spices in a small bowl.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and cook eggs. I prefer sunny side, but scrambled works as well.
- On a plate, spoon warm black bean mixture, then a layer of salsa, an egg and top with a dollop of yogurt for a hearty breakfast.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings