For the Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut up
For the Cake Ingredients
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x13 baking dish.
- Using a fork, blend topping ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and egg (I do it by hand with a fork, but a mixer works wonders!)
- Add baking soda, flour, yogurt and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle berries over top and gently push into batter and then sprinkle sugar topping over all.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 10 minutes
Yield: Serves about 15 people