Avgolemno Soup for Tony Simotes
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken
- Enough water to completely cover the chicken
- 3-4 Stalks Celery, cut into quarters
- 1-2 Onions
- 3 Lemons Juice of lemons
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- salt & pepper
- Clean and place chicken in soup pot and cover with water.
- Add celery and onion. Heat over medium heat to a boil and then simmer for about an hour until chicken is cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, occasionally skim off the scum.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from water and let cool.
- Meanwhile, separate your egg whites from yolks. Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, then blend in the egg yolks and juice of 3 lemons.
- Then add about a cup of the warm chicken broth to the egg and lemon mixture to acclimate.
- Remove chicken meat from bones.
- Add egg whites and lemon mix to chicken broth, along with the rice and the chicken meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and Enjoy!!