Apple Cheesecake Torte
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 3 Tbsp melted butter (or margine)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 2 - 8 oz. packages low fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs at room temperate
- 2 Large tart apples such as Granny Smith - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all crust ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Press into bottom and up about 1” of the sides of a 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes, cool to room temperature.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Spoon mixture into crust.
- Mix apples sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Spoon over cream cheese mixture and then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 45 minutes until your tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack and then carefully remove sides of springform pan.
- When completely cool, turn upside-down, remove bottom of pan, place plate on top and flip over. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hr & 10 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Yield: 12- 16 servings