A Young Rioja with Pasta Bolognese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 2 medium Onions
- 3-4 Carrots, chopped
- 2-3 Celery stalks, chopped
- 2 lbs Ground chuck or a combo of beef, veal,and pork in equal proportions
- 1 large can Diced tomatoes
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter and heat oil in large saucepan. Add onions, carrots and celery and sauté until they begin to soften, around 10 minutes.
- Add meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add wine until it is evaporated.
- Add milk and season with nutmeg. Continue to cook until milk is cooked off.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another hour or so on low.
- Serve over spaghetti, linguini, or pasta of your choice.
- And enjoy with a bottle of young rioja!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours