Easy Onion Frittata
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Sweet Onion, Sliced Thinly
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 bunch scallions, diced - use the white and some of the green
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon, minced
- 6 Eggs, well-beaten
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat the over to 400.
- In a medium frying pan, add the olive oil and swirl so the entire pan is covered, including the sides.
- Heat the olive oil on a medium flame. Add the red and white onions and cover.
- Stirring occasionally until soft, about 10 minutes, add the scallions.
- Meanwhile, muddle the garlic, salt and tarragon together to form a paste.
- Add to onions and cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- Pour the eggs to cover the onions and continue to cook on top of the stove until the eggs set up a bit (around 3 minutes).
- Place frying pan in middle of preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the top is golden.
- Remove from oven and using a spatula, carefully remove the frittata from the pan, cut into sixths, sprinkle with chives and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings