Cabot Creamery Cheddar and Jalapeno Biscotti
- 1 cup Cabot Creamery Cooperative Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grate cheddar cheese and chop pickled jalapenos.
- Pulse cheese, jalapenos and eggs in a food processor until just combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne and process until dough begins to come together.
- Generously flour counter and turn dough out onto floured surface. Knead dough with a little extra flour until it comes together and can be shaped. Shape into a log approximately 12” x 3”.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown and remove from oven. Allow to cool a few minutes and slice on the diagonal ½” – ¾” thick slices in the same way you would slice a baguette.
- Flip biscotti slices onto one side and bake for another 5 minutes, then turn them over and bake a final 5 minutes.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 20-24 servings