Zucchini Basil Soup
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 qts. Chicken Broth
- 14 (8 cups) small zucchini scrubbed and chopped
- 3 Tbsp Rice
- 1/3 cup Cream Cheese
- In large saucepan, combine onion, garlic, basil, thyme and butter and cook mixture over moderately low heat, stirring until onion is softened.
- Add broth and zucchini and bring to boil and stir in the rice.
- Simmer, covered stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cream cheese. Puree soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Yield: Makes 4 qts