The Golden Door Moroccan Harari Arancini
- 2 cups Leftover Moroccan Harari "risotto"
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2-3 oz. mozzarella diced into 1/4” cubes
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil- enough to coat your frying pan with about 1/4” of oil; and to add oil, as needed to fry the rice balls. I prefer the coconut oil as it enhances the Moroccan flavors but olive oil is lovely as well!
- Mix risotto, egg, salt, pepper, red onion and cilantro
- Mix 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs into the risotto mixture. Place the other 1/4 cup in a bowl to roll your lentil/rice balls. I like to make small-ish balls.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping tablespoon and insert a mozzarella cube into middle, roll into ball between your hands to make a tidy ball and then roll into breadcrumbs.
- Once done, heat oil over medium-high heat but monitor it as you go. Add the rice balls, cook until golden brown on all sides, remove onto a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot, warm or room temperature and ENJOY!
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings