Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1-2 pints strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 cup sugar- I use organic
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Combine strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice and let macerate for 2 hours.
- Mix milk and 2/3 cup sugar with a hand blender until dissolved.
- Then add with the vanilla and heavy cream and liquid from macerated strawberries into the ice cream freezer bowl and turn on ice cream maker and churn for 25 minutes.
- Then add strawberries for 5 more minutes, place in freezer-safe container and let set up in freezer for an hour or so or eat immediately for a soft-serve consistency.
- Prep time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours + 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings