Rioja Gran Reserva and Nana’s Anchovy Roasted Lamb
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 boneless leg of lamb
- Mix the garlic, rosemary, anchovies, salt, pepper and olive oil into a paste.
- Place lamb in pyrex pan and rub paste all over lamb.
- Put in refrigerator overnight – or for at least 4 hours.
- You can either grill or roast the lamb.
- If roasting, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and roast for 1 ½ hours for medium rare.
- If grilling, grill each side for about 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove from grill or oven, let rest for 5-10 minutes and slice to desired thickness.
- Serve with roasted or grilled asparagus, roasted fingerling potatoes and pair with Rioja Ontanon Gran Reserva 2001 for a truly memorable meal. Delightful and YUM!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 1/2 hours
- Total time: 2+ hours
Yield: 4-6 servings.