- 4 cups leftover rice (I mixed brown and white rice, but whatever you have left over works)
- 1 Bunch Scallions
- 1/2 cup Parsley (minced)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano
- 1/ cup Breadcrumbs (I use gluten free breadcrumbs)
- Chop scallions, using whites and greens and minced parsley.
- Whisk together eggs and add in scallions, parsely, and grated cheese.
- Mix egg mixture into leftover rice and then add in breadcrumbs adding additional bread crumbs if the mixture is too wet and can’t be formed into patties easily.
- Fry the rice fritters in a hot pan with a little olive oil until cooked through, a few minutes on each side.
- Serve over sautéed vegetables- I had them over mushrooms, garlic and spinach.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings