- 8 oz almond paste
- 2 large egg whites lightly beaten + 1 Tbsp lightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup Confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups pignoli nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crumble almond paste into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Add the 2 egg whites and cup of confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth. The batter should be very soft and sticky. If not, here is where you use that extra 1 tbsp of beaten egg whites.
- Put the pignoli nuts in a small bowl. Drop a scant tablespoon of batter into the nuts and roll into a ball. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet about 1” apart.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool on rack and then dust with powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container for a week or a month in the freezer.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 18-20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen cookies