Ouida Moorehead’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Thoroughly cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients, and blend into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press 4 peanut halves atop each (the number in your family) or crisscross with fork.
- . Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly; remove from pan. Makes 4 dozen. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 dozen cookies