Nana’s Lentil Soup
- 2 cups Lentils, washed and drained
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup dried salami, salt pork, pancetta (or not - tastes better with!!)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt, pepper, parsley - to taste
- Grated Pecorino Romano to taste
- Place water and lentils in soup pot over medium heat.
- In another pan, saute dried salami, carrots, onions and garlic for about 10 minutes.
- Add to lentils with a bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45-60 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Serve with grated Pecorino Roman and ENJOY!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 45-60 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
Yield: 8- 10 servings