Mary Leverette’s Ladies Lunch Asparagus and Shrimp Rounds
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 cups finely diced water chestnuts
- 1 lb. small baby shrimp, cooked
- 1 lb. pencil asparagus spears, blanched and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 English Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Stir in water chestnuts, asparagus pieces and shrimp. Set aside. This can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated.
- Split English muffins and place on baking sheet. Mix butter and lemon pepper and evenly spread over cut sides of muffins.
- Place under 500-degree F. broiler and toast until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven.
- Mound asparagus and shrimp mixture onto toasted English muffins.
- Serve open-faced with wedges of lemon.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: Serves 12