Loring Barnes’ Acorn Squash Stuffed with Cranberries
- 2 acorn squashes, halved lengthwise and seeded, bottom sliced so it isn’t “tippy”
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup cranberries, chopped coursely
- In buttered baking dish, bake squash cut side down in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Melt butter in saucepabe, stir in rest of ingredients.
- Turn squash cut side up, sprinkle with salt, divide cranberry mix among them. Bake 25 minutes or until tender.
Loring’s Adaptation Directions
- Acorn Squashes-- halved Fresh cranberries - halved Grade B (dark amber) maple syrup Butter Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves Follow instructions above but don’t melt butter.
Yield: 8-10 servings