Lemon-Glazed Gluten Free Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Fiori di Sicilia
- 3 cups Gluten Free Flour (I use King Arthur Flour)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
- 2 Lemons Juice
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 2 cups +/- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Cream the coconut oil with the sugar in a large bowl by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and Fiori di Sicilia and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and sea salt together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and then the almond milk until all is fully incorporated.
- Line the muffin pan with paper liners (look for fun ones), or butter the pan, if you prefer.
- Spoon the batter into the liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake in center and top racks, if using 2 muffin tins, and then switch racks after 7 minutes and bake until golden, another 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Mix all three ingredients until smooth. If it feels too stiff, add a touch more of lemon juice.
- To glaze: dip the top of the cupcake into the glaze and then decide how you are going to eat it!!
- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- Total time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 24 cupcakes