Jen’s Pork Stew
- 1 Pork Tenderloin, cubed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Medium Onions, Sliced
- 2 Cups Carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, optional if you want a thicker stew
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed well
- Toss the pork with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Heat 2 Tbsp EVOO in a dutch oven over medium to high heat.
- Add the pork and cook until nicely browned. Remove the pork and set aside.
- Add remaining EVOO, adjust heat to medium and add all veggies and cook until slightly golden.
- Add the white wine and cook until it evaporates and then add the chicken broth, pork and its juices, the cannellini beans and simmer for 20 minutes.
- If you want a thicker stew, take 1/4 of stew broth and dissolve the cornstarch and then add back into stew.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour +
- Total time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 for supper. Serve over brown rice.