Italian Wedding Soup According to Carole
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4-5 celery stalks, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5-6 parsnips, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 Gluten free bread crumbs
- Garlic salt to taste
- sea salt to taste
- papper to taste
- Olive Oil
- In a soup pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, parsnips, and celery and sauté for 5- 10 minutes until onions are soft and veggies are a little golden.
- Add the white wine and cook for a few minutes and then add the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer over medium heat.
- Add the Kale. While that’s simmering, make your meatballs.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into small or medium meatballs.
- Coat bottom of skillet with olive oil and cook over medium/high heat.
- Add meatballs, turning occasionally to golden brown on all sides and cooked through.
- Plop into soup. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings