Italian Breaded Chicken Cutlets
Chicken Cutlets Ingredients
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into cutlets
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 cups breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for pan frying
Homemade Breadcrumbs Ingredients
- 10-12 slices of stale bread
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
Chicken Cutlets Directions
- Beat the egg and milk together. Have the breadcrumbs in a plate next to the egg mixture and work like an assembly line.
- Dip the cutlet first in the breadcrumbs, then in the egg mixture, then back in the breadcrumbs until fully coated. Repeat until all are finished.
- Heat the olive oil over medium to high heat. You’ll have to adjust the heat – it’s a “feel” things – you can tell if they are browning too slowly or too quickly. Fry until golden, transfer to an oven-proof dish.
- I put them in a 200-degree oven to keep them crispy until they are all done. Enjoy!
Homemade Breadcrumbs Directions
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, until the bread is crisp and dry.
- Allow to cool completely, then break into small pieces.
- Place in food processor and add seasonings.
- For gluten-free breadcrumbs, substitute 1 cup brown rice flour and 1 cup cornmeal for the stale bread.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings