Herb-Crusted Rib Roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place rib roast in roasting pan, fat side up. Rub olive oil over beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Spread mustard over beef and then press the garlic and rosemary into the mustard to form a crust.
- Place in center of heated oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees and cook for another 2-3 hours or until the middle of the roast is 130 degrees – this will insure that you have a spectrum of “well-doneness” – from well done on the ends, to medium rare in the middle.
- Take out of oven and remove from pan to your cutting board. Let rest for 20-30 minutes while you finish your sides.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 2-3 hours
- Total time: 3 hour 5-Ribbed Roast (serves 10 people)+