- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 3 sticks Unsalted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Soften the butter. Then in a medium bowl, mix flour, ginger, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, egg and molasses. Add flour in batches until well blended.
- Put cookie dough in a plastic gallon bag and snip off the end to create your own pastry bag.
- Pipe very small dollops onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and they’ll slide off the parchment paper into a bowl.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: This recipes makes enough pennies to fill a dozen pint-sized mason jars.