Garlic Scape Potato Salad
- 2-3 lb yellow potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 Stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 10 garlic scapes, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 + 1/4 cup light mayo
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Boil the potatoes until soft and skin cracks.
- Boil the eggs with the potatoes until hard boiled. Cool the potatoes. In a food processor, place the scapes and process until very fine.
- Add the olive oil, mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Peel the cooled potatoes and cube them.
- Mash up one egg. Gently mix all together. Grate the other egg.
- Take the extra 1/4 cup of mayo and smooth over top of potato salad, sprinkle the grated egg and then finish with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve warm or cool, your choice and enjoy as a summer comfort side dish!
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Yield: Serves 6-8, generously