Curried Lentil Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Large Onions, Chopped
- 4-5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Gram Masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Curry Powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 8-10 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cup French Lentils
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Minced Fresh Cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil, then add the onions and saute until translucent - 5 minutes or so.
- Next, add garlic, garam masala, curry powder and jalapenos. Cook until aromatic - about 1 minute.
- Add 8 cups of chicken broth and lentils.
- Bring to a high heat and boil, and then reduce to a simmer and cover for about 25 minutes.
- If you like a soupier consistency, this is when you might want to add more broth.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, finish with minced cilantro and serve to your heart’s content and ENJOY!!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 50 - 60 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-6 for lunch.