Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup leeks, minced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pinches cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt & Peper to taste
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks, carrots, garlic. Cook until tender but be sure not to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the broccoli. Cook 8-10 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Pour the soup into a processor (may need to do in batches) and process until veggies are finely chopped but not pureed.
- Pour soup back into pot. Stir in cream, celery seed and salt and pepper.
- Reheat before serving, or freeze in batches as you await another cool day!! Enjoy!
- Prep time: 30
- Cook time: 45
- Total time: 1 hour & 15 minutes