Coveted Sugar Cookie Recipe
Basic Dough Ingredients
- 6 cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 lb Shortening
For the Sugar Cookies (to make 4 dozen cookies) Ingredients
- 2 cups Basic Dough
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Evaporated Milk
Basic Dough Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix the dough, sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Then add the egg and vanilla and blend well until dough is soft.
- Roll the dough out to desired thickness.
- We like 1/8-1/4” and press out your favorite shapes.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, brush with evaporated milk, decorate as desired with sprinkles, nuts, dried fruit and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool on the cookie sheet and then remove to a rack to cool.
To Make Trees Directions
- To make the trees, you can make or buy frosting and add green food coloring.
- I have 6 different sized stars and stack 2 of the larger sizes up to the smaller sizes.
- It’s really up to you how you want to decorate them.
- The I got an old shoe box cover, glued some ribbon around the edge, glued some “snow” and placed some peppermint candies to make a nice edible arrangement.
- Prep time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook time: 8-10 mintes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 dozen