Coarse Simple Salsa
- 1 can (18–20 oz) Progresso Black Beans, drained, washed, and re-drained
- 1 medium red onion; diced
- 3 small ripe red tomatoes; diced
- 2 jalapenos; seeded and minced
- 1 roasted green pepper; seeded, skinned and chopped. You can use yellow or red peppers to add color
- 2 ears roasted or cooked corn; cut from cob
- 1½ to 2 small Haas avocados; pitted, skin, and diced
- 2 lemons or limes Juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 squirts Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper or mélange
- Place first nine ingredients in a bowl, mix and taste.
- Add salt and ground pepper, adjusting to taste.
- Make one day in advance to allow flavors to enrich.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings