Chicken with Chick Peas and Tomatoes
- 2 whole boneless chicken breast, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Minced Cilantro
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt (I like 2% greek but any will do!)
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (I use Muir Glen)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix the garlic, oil, paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon in the yogurt and set aside.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the spice mixture on the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix the chick peas, tomatoes, remaining spice mixture and 1/2 cup cilantro. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve over rice with a dollup or two of yogurt and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy!!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- Total time: 45-55 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings