Carol Way’s Asian-style Chicken Soup
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 3-4 Carrots
- 3-4 Celery Stalks
- 4 Chicken Breast halves on the Bone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and a little extra for chicken breasts
- 6 quarts chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 to 2 Teaspoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Scallions, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Small Package Rice Noodles
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 minutes or until chicken is tender and skin is brown. Cool and dice.
- Finely dice onion, carrots and celery. In a large, cast iron dutch oven, sauté the vegetables in olive oil.
- Add 1 tbsp salt and 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are soft and flavors are melded.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Cook rice noodles in boiling water until tender.
- Drain. Add noodles, parsley, scallions, and diced chicken to the pot.
- Add ½ teaspoon of the sriracha and taste.
- This is extremely spicy so add as little or as much as you like, depending on your tolerance for spicy food.
- Serve in deep bowls Have chop sticks and porcelain spoons available. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour & 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings