Budin de Pan Puertorriqueno (Bread Pudding)
- 1 1/2 lbs Bread crumbled by hand
- 6-8 cups Whole milk
- 1 stick butter softened or melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins soaked in port
- A little salt
- Put crumbled bread in a 13x9x2 inch glass pyrex baking dish.
- Mix together all other ingredients(milk, butter, eggs, sugars, cinnamon, vanilla and salt).
- Pour over bread in baking dish and put baking dish on a cookie sheet since the mixture tends to boil over
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until golden on top. Pudding will set as it cools. Can be frozen.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 & 1/4 hours
- Total time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings