Brent Wasser’s White Asparagus with Goat Milk Bechamel Sauce
- 1 bunch White Asparagus
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Minced Young Garlic
- 2 1/2 Cups Goat Milk, Heated
- Salt & Pepper to tastes
- Pave of goat cheese (thinly sliced)
- Minced Chives for garnish
- Blanch the cleaned and trimmed asparagus. Drain and arrange in a pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour stirring constantly until it cooks and bubbles a bit, but do not let it brown — about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic, stir for another minute.
- Add the hot goat milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour over asparagus and top with thinly sliced goat cheese.
- Bake in center of oven until bubbling and beginning to turn golden.
- Then turn oven to high broil and finish it off under the broiler until browned.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings