- 1 lb. salt cod, soaked overnight or more, then drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Olive OIl
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup whole cured black olives
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1-2 vinegar peppers, diced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place pre-soaked salt cod fish in a medium saucepan. Add water to cover cod fish. Bring the water to a boil and simmer until the fish flakes easily. Remove the cod and drain.
- In a bowl mix the garlic, olives, celery, vinegar peppers with black pepper, red pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Break the cod into pieces and toss with the garlic-olive mixture.
- Refrigerate and let sit for at least one half hour before serving.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings