- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups toasted, slivered almonds
- 6 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Shortening
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then add milk, vanilla, salt. With a hand mixer at a low speed beat in flour to mixture.
- Stir in chopped almonds.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 2" fingers and place on ungreased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then cool on a rack.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate with shortening, stirring to blend until smooth.
- Dip one end of each cookie into the chocolate. Let dry.
- Store in a loosely covered container at room temperature.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 5 dozen