Abhishek Duggal’s Yellow Heirloom Tomato Caprese with Asparagus and Green Beans
- Yellow Heirloom Tomatoes
- Bunch of Asparagus
- Pound of Green Beans (I used haricort verts)
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Basil leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Thinly sliced red onion rings – optional
- Butter lettuce – optional
- Wash, core and cut tomatoes into eighth-sized wedges or wash your grape tomatoes.
- Blanch cleaned and trimmed asparagus and green beans in heavily salted rapidly boiling water for about 15 seconds and cool in an ice bath.
- Drain and set aside. Drain fresh mozzarella and tear apart into small chunks.
- Combine cheese, beans, asparagus and basil in a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and serve.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes + 8 hours
Yield: 6-8 servings